Monday, November 10, 2008

Missionary Memories

So this week was an interesting week.  Early in the week I had a dream that involved me finding out about a missionary companion of mine who left the church and started sleeping around with women.  So I thought I must need to call him and see if that was the case.  So I gave him a call and turns out he was just getting ready to go see the sealing of someone we had baptized.  It was sort of a cool experience how God can inspire our dreams to do things that will uplift us spiritually and do it in such a way that we have no clue he is doing that until after the fact.  Since then I have been reminiscing about my mission.  It's so nice now that I am a little removed from my mission that I only remember the good parts and vaguely remember the hardships that I endured.  It truly is a testament of the joy that comes from serving the Lord and of serving in the church.  Since then I have been looking up all my old missionary friends on facebook and seeing what they're up to now and calling some of them.  I also have gotten on this kick where I want to go to Florida really bad and see everyone again.  And since one of my companions now lives in Florida and offered us a place to stay if we come visit and free tickets to Disney it is especially appealing.  I hope one day I will actually get to do it.  I just want to share my testimony of the simple joys that come from serving God through the church callings he gives us and how he blesses us for doing what we have been sent here to do.  Until next week keep rootin' for them Titans.

2 comments:

Southern Belle said...

where in Florida did your mission cover, like what cities?

Bonnie and Tyler said...

My mission covered everthing from Jupiter (FL not the planet) and up to Deltona and as far west as Clermont. So major cities include; west palm beach, orlando, cocoa beach, and daytona beach however it now covers Tampa Bay as well.