Wednesday, November 5, 2008

OUR NEW PRESIDENT

Hey guys.  I realize that you don't get to hear from me much so I thought I would put my two cents in.  I had my first voting experience last night.  It started off by us going to the wrong place because someone at work told me they were doing it at the local elementary school and so not knowing any different I thought that there was only one place to vote.  Well you can imagine my embarrassment when I found out otherwise.  We finally did find the right place and I exercised my right to vote for the first time.  I am not sure why I haven't done it in the past because I do think it is really important to be actively involved in civil matters.  The prophets have advised us to do so and we will be blessed for following their council.  Turns out the guy I voted for won.  Contrary to popular voting practices within the mormon community I voted for Obama.  Although I do disagree with some of the things he believes in and will probably not personally benefit from some of the things that he will try to put in place I do believe that he is the right man for the job and will be good for our country as a whole.  It is important to me to forget myself during times like these and think of others first realizing that the good of the nation is more important than the good of one man.  
School and work are good.  Semesters winding down and I am just struggling to find time to fit everything in.  Working full time sometimes does take a toll on me.  I want to spend time with Bonnie and Lucy more than anything but since I work full time my schedule many times doesn't allow that.  I really do enjoy the dual life I live of having a full time job and going to school to better myself through secular knowledge.  I feel like it has helped me become a more well rounded individual and in that way I have grown because of my college experience.  As if that weren't enough I also have my church callings which are something that I really enjoy as well.  Having to call several people in the ward each week allows me to get to know them better and realize how blessed we are to have people with different talents and abilities.  I am grateful for this school and the opportunities it gives me to serve the Lord in a capacity I would not otherwise be able to.  
Sorry if I don't get the time to write here very much.  Bonnie has introduced this to me recently and I think they a great way to stay in contact with each other.  Thankfully I have Bonnie to keep ours updated.  I really don't know what I would do without her in my life she is a wonderful support I don't think I would be able to do all that I do without her.  She teaches me a lot about patience and sacrifice as I see her interact with Lucy on a daily basis.  Bonnie I love you more than anything I feel lucky and blessed to have found you and look forward to spending eternity with you.  Well I'm checking out for now in the future I am going to try and write every Sunday so you all can know what is going on in my life.  See you Sunday and GO TITANS!

No comments: