Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Little Miss Home-ec

We bought Tyler some jeans at Costco the other day, and this is the story of my life. NO... I am not going to rag on my husband. Just simply stating the facts. You know Tyler, he is the shortest in his family. So we always get him X-30 pants. (its hard to find 29s) so every pair of pants that we have ever gotten him, he has complained about how long they are and he HATES walking on his pants. so after much debate he decided he needed to find someone to hem his pants. well I was like, that's going to cost us more money, and who are you going to get to do it? Do you know anyone in town? Of course he said no. So last night I jokingly said, If I had a sewing machine, I could hem your pants for the rest of your life!   Well can you guess what happened next?

He has been donating plasma for the last month trying to save up to buy a nice computer for graduate school, this is going to take him like 15 weeks of donating to get enough, but he is doing it. But last night he got the idea that he was going to buy me a sewing machine. So he took the envelope out with his money in it, and we headed to walmart. This made me feel really bad, I didn't want him to spend that blood money on me.... but I guess he was fed up with too long pants. So my sweet husband, being the giving man that he is, bought me my first sewing machine with his own money. At  first I was like, well this isn't really a gift for me, because I will be using it to fix his clothes. but the more I think about it, the more excited I get to have one! I have endless possibilities to what I can make! My mind is already coming up with all sorts of ideas! i have plans to make a boppy cover, hem some pants (of course), make an apron for Lucy for her play kitchen, a pillow case for her bed... and so much more. Its not a real fancy machine, but it is fancy enough to do what I need it to do,, and I am so excited to start my projects! So Tyler, THANK YOU so much for this gift. You are an amazing husband and you never cease to amaze me with your generosity and kindness. I love you more each day.

2 comments:

M. Harrison said...

Wow! You have had a lot of posts. I go out of town for a few days and you guys are up to tons of fun. I am glad that you had a fun time corn mazing it, and that you can be even more crafty with a new sewing machine. I have loved mine and I am excited to give the kids blankets this year for Christmas...if they get done. :) Glad that things are going good for you guys.

amber york said...

That's super sweet of Tyler! And you will have so much fun with your new sewing machine. I seriously cannot sew, but a few years ago I started my first sewing project, and I have the fever! I'm constantly thinking of new projects I want to do. It won't take you long to catch the fever yourself! Plus, you have sisters and friends who can sew…so don't get discouraged…everyone would be willing to help! Congrats!