Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Jake's birth story

Okay, its late and I should be sleeping but i wanted to write this really quick since people have been asking.

Birth Story of Jacob Eugene:

Tuesday night I started having some strong braxton Hicks that were about 6-8 minutes apart. So we decided to go into the hospital. They decided to admit me since I was dilated to a 4 and about 80% effaced. but then about 2 hours later they checked me again and I hadn't progressed, so they released me.
I labored pretty much all day Wed the same way. my contractions never got real regular and still never hurt. We went to bed that night and at about 330am I woke up with a painful contraction, and went to the bathroom and had some light bleeding, so I woke up Tyler and said it was time! So we called our neighbor and she graciously came over and slept on our couch so we could go to the hospital. We got there at about 4am and they checked me and I was at a 5 and 90% effaced. Baby's head was very low and locked into position, so they admitted me again. I walked the halls and bounced on a ball and did everything I could to progress. They came in an hour later and I was at a 6! So they said for sure I was going to have this baby today. So they decided to go ahead and get my epidural hooked in so I would have relief from the pain. Unfortunately it didn't matter how much they pumped into me, it was NOT working. I had no relief. at about 945am Doctor Wellman came in and broke my water. ouch... she came back in at like 1030am and checked me and I wasn't quite all the way to a 10 but said if I wanted to push I could. at like 1040 I felt that first STRONG urge to push. They all came in and the contraction started.... and with that, he was here! Haha... yes ladies and gentlemen, my son was born with only 5 minutes of pushing. Jacob Eugene Haas was born at 1045am on November 17th 2011. He was 6lbs 15oz and was 19 3/4 inches long.
Since my placenta didn't come out right away, they had to manually pull it out, this process took about 45 minutes. 45 minutes of pure pain and torture. Then they put a stitch in me and that was that. I was able to hold my baby boy and he was absolutely beautiful. It was the perfect moment I had been waiting for. He was healthy and perfect in every way. Tyler, Lucy and I could not be happier.

No comments: