Thursday, October 28, 2010

DAY 4 of Potty Training

Oh boy, I have to confess to you all. This is the hardest and most trying thing I have ever had to go through with Lucy. But I promised myself i would NOT go back this time. No matter how much pee I have to clean up, no matter how many pairs of soiled underwear I had to wash, I was not going back to diapers. And I know I said I would update yesterday, but lets be honest, I was not in a good mood. hah. She only made it to the potty once yesterday. It seemed that we were ALWAYS in the bathroom reading books, and singing songs. And as soon as she would get off for her 10 minute break, she would go. She went through 15 pairs of underwear in two days! I was not pleased. And its been especially hard because I still have to go to school in the morning, and then Tyler is at work from the time I get home, till after lucy goes to bed. So I have been potty training on my own. But today, I think it has clicked for both of us! She hasn't had ONE accident! I have been giving her lots of water and juice. And when she is done drinking a glass, about 30 minutes later we go have our potty time, and she has gone every time. Its so funny, because when she feels it comin' she says "oh! its just pee mom!" , "there's pee in there!" She is so cute. So now that she has 5 stickers, we are going to go visit Daddy at Costco for a frozen yogurt! YAY LUCY!!!








Pretty much where we have lived the last 3 days.....

2 comments:

Liz said...

way to go lucy! and momma! it is really hard, but with a little determination, patience and understanding, a lot can be accomplished. think about what our Heavenly Father feels everytime we make the same mistakes over and over and over again. i'm sure he feels like banging his head against the wall too. we love you!

Woodrich Family said...

Hooray! There will most likely be an accident here or there, but once you decide to do it things get a little easier because your mind is committed! So exciting!! Way to go, Mama!